Disclosure: I received park admission and a free safari for me and my daughters to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own honest review.
I have always been a little leery about spending money on the “extras” that you find at theme parks. So, when I had the opportunity to see the value first hand, I was thrilled! We got the chance to go on a Serengeti Safari at Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay last month.
We had such an amazing time!
It was one of those experiences you KNOW must happen again!
5 Reasons to Go on a Busch Gardens Serengeti Safari
1. It is Extremely Affordable! Seasonal Pricing ranges from $19 to $39! This gets you 30 minutes of “off road” experience! YOU get to see many awesome African animals like zebras, giraffes, ostriches, rhinos, and more–up close. It is amazing.
2. The photo Ops. Unless you are one of those blessed people that actually get to go to Africa, you are not very likely to get this close to these gorgeous animals. And, even then, you have to deal with real peril and danger. However, with a Busch Gardens Serengeti Safari you get all the awe in a safe and controlled environment–without feeling like you are on a “ride.” It really is a fantastic experience. Look at a few of the fabulous pictures I took…
3. You get to FEED GIRAFFES!!!! WOot! This was totally cool! Sure, I have fed giraffes before, but never like this. You are basically WITH them, in the “wild” of Africa. They just come right up to your open aired vehicle with their cute faces. I have never had a close encounter quite like this one. It was thrilling, amazing, and so much fun. My 10 year old was beyond excited, as was my oldest daughter. We got to hand feed them right from the vehicle!!
4. Educational Experience. I am a homeschool mom, so every chance I get to throw in some education with fun, I jump on it! The guides have a plethora of knowledge. Your kids will learn so much before their safari is over. I love it. The best part is that they are having fun, so it does not feel like school! Well… at least until we get home and I have them write a report! LOL! Seriously, it is a great opportunity for the whole family to learn more about the wonderful animals of Africa, endangered species, the environment, and more!
5. Memories that Will Last a Lifetime. Sure it is only 30 minutes of your life, but it is 30 minutes of fun for the whole family! It is an experience that will bring joy to every member of your family–even the grumps! We had so much fun. We laughed and were in awe of the wonderful creatures that we encountered. I know I, nor my girls, will ever forget the fabulous time we had on our Busch Gardens Serengeti Safari!
We had one of our best days ever at Busch Gardens! I know that we will be doing this again in the near future. I am also far more likely to try out other theme park “extras” after seeing what an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience it can be! I totally recommend a Busch Gardens Serengeti Safari!
Copyright © Adventures of a Traveling Foodie, All Rights Reserved